This Blythe Coraline Dress was more than a little bit inspired by the movie Coraline. For the knitted up version of the dress shown below I was lucky enough to find mini skeins of hand spun yarn from a seller at Yarndale that had silver sparkles spun in!
- A small amount of navy 4ply(fingering weight yarn)
- A small amount of contrasting blue 4ply(fingering weight yarn)
- A few fabric snaps for closure (I personally like to use 3)
- Matching thread to sew on the snaps it all together
- 2.75mm(US2) knitting needles
- Sewing needle or sewing machine
- C1 = Colour 1
- C2 = Colour 2
- K2tog = Knit 2 together
- St st = Stockinette/Stocking stitch
- k2tog tbl = knit 2 stitches together, through the back loops
- rib = as in K1, P1 ribbing
- yo = yarnover
Blythe Coraline Dress is worked from bottom to top.
Using 2.75mm (US 2) needles cast on 38 sts using C1
Rows 1-4: Knit
Row 5: Decrement row as follows;
K2 K2tog K4 K2tog K5 K2tog K4 K2tog K5 K2tog K4 K2tog K2 leaving 32 sts
Switch to C2 and repeat the following row until piece measures approximately 5 1/2 cm (2 1/8 inches) K1, (k2tog tbl, yo)* repeat to last stitch, K1
Switch back to C1 and st st 8 rows.
Next row: start of sleeves holes: K7, cast off next 6, K 12, cast off next 6, K7 to end
Next row: P7, M6 by casting on, P12, M6 by casting on, P7 to end. Be careful not to twist the cast on stitches.
Rib stitch for 4 rows.
Cast off all stitches.
As always any corrections or feedback anyone can pass on will be gratefully received. I also ADORE seeing photos of versions other people have knitted up (not to mention looking at other peoples beautiful ladies). If you have the time links to your versions are gratefully adored.