The image below for this DIY Cowl Top kept appearing in my Pinterest feed and eventually prompted me to sew up my own jersey version. I don't know the original source of the inspiration image. A reverse Google image look-up suggests that may have come from this Serbian (according to Chrome) website here.
I love my Blythe dolls, but variety is the spice of life. I looked into buying my ladies some animalistic friends but WOW those Wonderfrogs, Hujoo dolls and similar are difficult to find in the UK and pricey! Ouch!! I'd rather put that money and effort towards my next dolly purchase. The solution, as the title suggests, is DIY.
A few years ago I modified some existing patterns into a Blythe raglan dress pattern. I used it a batch of times and then forgot about it. It's been languishing in a pile of human sized patterns until rescued in a recent clear out. This dress is unlined and features raglan sleeves and a cowl neckline. As with previous Blythe patterns it should fit both the standard factory body, a licca body and/or a flection pure neemo XS. Photographs below are shown on a flection pure neemo XS.
This is the third time I've made this skirt to date. There's just something wonderful about an item of clothing that has pockets that are actually big enough to be useful. The only difference to the original pattern is that I line the skirt. I find it hangs better with a layer of lining. The fabric is the last of a 6 yard bolt of Vlisco Dutch-African waxed cotton I purchased in London a while back.
Finally I have learned to do a Blythe faceup. This was my second attempt. The first ended up looking ... kind of mehh... so I decided to take things much slower this time. Going slowly made a huge difference. Watching this youTube video by Gisele Bianchini was also very helpful. It helped that if anything went wrong with adding the colour I was able to sand it all off in a few seconds. These are the tools I've used: